For the eighteenth consecutive year, the Graduate Program in Astronomy of the Observatório Nacional is offering students and researchers in astronomy, astrophysics and cosmology the advanced school entitled Ciclo de Cursos Especiais (CCE).
The XVIII CCE will be held at the Observatório Nacional in Rio de Janeiro, from 21 to 25 October 2013.
Following the standards of previous editions, the courses will cover different topics like extragalactic astrophysics, galactic and stellar astrophysics, cosmology, and planetary sciences.
The lecturers of this eighteen edition of the school are:
- Martin Asplund - Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics, Australian National University, Australia
- Helge Kragh - Department of Physics and Astronomy - Science Studies, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Rosaly Lopes - NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, USA
- Daisuke Nagai - Department of Physics, Yale University', USA
Registration is free and can be done here. A certificate of participation will be provided after the school.
- Renato Dupke (dupke at on.br)
- Simone Daflon (daflon at on.br)
- Marcelo Borges Fernandes (borges at on.br)
- Jailson Alcaniz (alcaniz at on.br)
- Alvaro Alvarez-Candal (alvarez at on.br)